Personal Injury Lawyer in West Columbia, South Carolina

If you’ve been hurt in a car accident, a workplace accident, or have been injured due to another person’s neglect or negligence, you may be entitled to important protections under South Carolina law. Victims may be able to receive money to cover their medical expenses, rehabilitative care, lost wages, and pain and suffering. Survivors of accidents may face a range of challenges in the days and weeks after an accident takes place. You may struggle to go back to work, or to pay your bills while you recover. A serious injury can make it difficult for you to perform normal family duties or to enjoy life as you once did. While every personal injury case is unique, Wayne Floyd Law Offices offers qualified personal injury attorneys in West Columbia, South Carolina committed to protecting the rights of victims and their families.

Do I Have a Personal Injury Case in West Columbia, South Carolina?

Many factors must be considered before you seek a recovery for your personal injuries in West Columbia, South Carolina. Individuals can seek money to pay for their losses when another person or company is found responsible for their injuries. Your personal injury attorney will review the factors leading up to and following your accident and offer you a roadmap forward. For instance, if you’ve been hurt in a car accident, your lawyer may review police reports and speak to witnesses to determine fault for the accident. In South Carolina, the other person must be more at fault for the accident than you are. So, if you are 25% at fault and the other person is 75% at fault, you’ll be permitted to collect damages, because your fault is lower than the other driver. However, your damages may be reduced by your percentage of fault. In the above case, you’d only be able to collect 75% of the total damages. If you’ve been involved in a workplace accident, your lawyer can assist you with worker’s compensation claims or with an appeal, if your claim has been denied. If you’ve suffered an injury due to premises liability, your lawyer can help you understand your rights. For instance, in a premises liability case, your legal status on the property matters. Many factors go into determining whether you have a personal injury case. If you’ve been seriously injured, it is important to protect your rights. Contact a personal injury lawyer today to learn more. Wayne Floyd Law Offices offers caring and compassionate counsel to accident victims. Our firm will stand beside you every step of the way.

When you are injured and don’t not sure what to do next, We can help.

Get In Touch

How Much is My Claim Worth?

If you do have a personal injury case, your lawyer will also need to calculate the value of your claim. Understanding the worth of your claim can be helpful when negotiating with insurance adjusters or when writing demand letters to negligent parties. It is important to know what you may deserve and to know what to ask for. Your personal injury attorney will consider several factors when estimating the value of your claim. Here are some things your lawyer will review:

  • Cost of medical expenses
  • Lost wages
  • Property damage
  • Estimated future lost wages
  • Estimated future medical expenses
  • Pain and suffering

Of all the damages you’ll seek after an accident, pain and suffering damages are among the most subjective to determine. Pain and suffering damages are based on the seriousness of your injury. The more serious your injury, the higher your pain and suffering award may be. In general, pain and suffering is calculated by taking the total cost of your medical expenses and multiplying this by another number, called a multiplier. The multiplier can be as high as 5, or even higher in some cases. Individuals suffering life-altering injuries will use a higher multiplier compared to individuals suffering from painful, but not permanent injuries. Your personal injury lawyer will use this formula, but will also speak to you about the lifestyle changes you’ve had to undergo after your accident. Every case is unique and pain and suffering damages are highly subjective. If you or a loved one has been hurt due to another person’s neglect or negligence, you may be entitled to receive a recovery under the law. Contact Wayne Floyd Law Offices today to protect your rights and get the recovery you may deserve.

Compassionate and Caring Counsel in West Columbia, South Carolina

The personal injury lawyers at Wayne Floyd Law Offices understand the unique challenges facing accident victims and their families. Our firm offers personalized attention for each case. We’ll take the time to review your case, understand your circumstances, and fight diligently to help you get the maximum recovery allowable under the law. Protect your rights. Contact us today. You may only have a limited amount of time to seek a recovery under the law.